Thursday, August 28, 2008

Project Runway - Episode 3

"Episode 3: Challenge: Snap some photos of New York City and design an outfit inspired by one of those photos."

The Official Winner
Photobucket
Designer: Kenley (aka Betty Page)
I like Kenley and I generally really like her pinup girl aesthetic. And I adore The Golden Girls, I really do. But I don't want to see an outfit created from the chairs found on their Miami patio. I like the colors in this dress but the style is just too 1980s Golden Girls vs. Dallas vs. Knots Landing vs. Dynasty. No way should she have won this challenge.

The Official Loser
Photobucket
Designer: Emily
And no way was this the losing dress for this challenge...Emily got royally shafted on this one. I think she mainly lost because it's a dress we've seen millions of times but it was made really well and it's a great looking dress.


Who Should Have Won
Photobucket
Designer: Leanne
Leanne was the other designer shafted in this challenge. This dress is gorgeous. Clean, sleek, classy. I want it.

or

Photobucket
Designer: Terri
So far, Terri's shown that she's uber talented and has fantastic taste. I think this outfit is very urban, the colors are gorgeous, and I always tend to love the separates more than the dresses.

Who Should Have Lost
Photobucket
Designer: Keith
Despite his being a little too "I'm the guy," Keith's so freaking hot. But this dress was wretched. I believe it was Michael Kors who told him it looked like toilet paper caught in a fan. I love Michael, I couldn't have agreed more, and I think Keith should have gone home on this one.

No comments: