Thursday, August 28, 2008

Project Runway - Episode 1

Okay, since the first episode of this season of Project Runway, I've been meaning to do a weekly recap and I've kept forgetting. Until last night when, for a second time, I found myself thinking, "okay, generally, these designers kinda suck" and "okay, generally, these judges have their heads up their asses" and was dying to write about it.

So begins my weekly PR recap. I'll put "Project Runway - Episode Whatever" in the subject line each week and slap an LJ cut on it so those of you who don't give a rat's ass about what I have to say about fashion and reality television can just skip right over it. Consider this my recap of Episode 1.

Episode 1 - Challenge: Create an outfit made entirely from grocery store items bought from the well-known Manhattan grocery store, Gristedes."

The Official Winner
Photobucket
Designer: Kelli
I really loved this outfit and was okay with Kelli winning this challenge. The top is made from coffee filters and the skirt is made from hand-dyed vacuum bags and gorgeous. Love. It.

The Official Loser
Photobucket"
Designer: Daniel
I really hated this outfit and was entirely happy with Daniel having lost this challenge. From the moment I saw it go down the runway, I expected Christian Bale to be behind it humming "Hip To Be Square" with an axe in his hand and a psychopathic look on his face. Honestly, I just don't see the talent here.

My Other Possible Winner
Photobucket
Designer: Joe
This was the other outfit I had tied for #1. The top is made from oven mitts and the skirt from muslin and tri-colored pasta. If my adorableness came in skinny, I would definitely throw this outfit on and do some serious frolicking.

No comments: