Wednesday, March 31, 2010

words are very unnecessary

Thanks to a friend having provided a plug for his sister's blog, I've discovered Wordless Wednesday, about which WikiAnswers tells me all I need to know:

On Wednesdays all over the internet, bloggers post a photograph with no words to explain it on their blog. Hence the ‘wordless’ title. The idea is that the photo itself says so much that it doesn’t need any description.
Seeing as though I fancy myself an amateur photographer, I think this is a lovely bandwagon on which to jump. Unless I specify otherwise (which will add a few words to an otherwise 'wordless' post but what can ya do), the photos will be ones I've taken. Going forward, I'll post a photo, along with a few words in the blog title that can be considered a title for that photo. Then, my dear readers, you glean from it whatever you may. Which may be something entirely different than what I do. Or what the next person does. Which, really, is one of the greatest things about photography, dontcha think?

So, with the next post, Worldess Wednesday begins.

No comments: