Wednesday, March 10, 2010

kind over matter

I was expecting February to suck ass this year as it does every year but I was pleasantly surprised this time around. That is, until March rolled around and the sneaky little bastard had swapped places with February in an attempt to crush my spirits.

A few days ago, to combat the ugliness, I browsed some of the 'feel good' blogs I like to read and in doing so, came across this new gem of a read. The site is full of creative kindness...the kind that, no matter what your mood, leaves you feeling all smiley and warm and fuzzy and appreciative of life. At least, it does me. As a lover of great quotes, I particularly loved these.

The afternoon's ugliness abated but boredom was trying to set up camp. Instead of welcoming it, I killed an afternoon printing out a bunch of the cards (and some other great ones you'll find if you browse through their 'freebies' section) and laminating them. Should I want to leave one on car windshields and random spots outdoors in the Chicago weather, I can't just leave regular ol' paper out in the elements, now can I? No. No, I cannot.

As I was getting off the bus tonight, I sneakily left my first one.



Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are. - Marianne Williamson

Nice try, February. You're over. And you're not gettin' March.

2 comments:

bethiesny said...

This site is great! I have been having a slew of days where I think things are just completely sucktastic, but really, when I think about it, things aren't so bad. All of which was said much more eloquently in those cards!

Unknown said...

Sometimes, just a little reminder is all we need to remember that, like you said, things really aren't so bad. I'm glad you like it, Bethany!